Thursday, August 30, 2012

Observations from the first 2 weeks of home schooling...



  • My kids are hilarious
  • Cole CANNOT hold still or stop talking (I hear it is hereditary =)
  • Cooper is amazing at blending sounds...until he is tired, then he just says whatever sounds come to mind...makes me crazy!
  • I'm loving the curriculum we chose and Classical Conversations. The kids are learning a ton and so am I!
  • Bailey Kate didn't want to go to preschool today becuae she wanted to stay at home and go to "home dool!" She is quite the party animal so I was shocked she wanted to stay home with me!
  • I love structure and so do my kids!
  • Cooper told me yesterday that I was the "goodest" teacher. Melted my heart (and I took a mental note to work on a little grammar =)
  • My sister (who is living with us for the year) is a HUGE help with Jude in the mornings. I don't know how moms do it with little babies without help!
  • I'm so blessed to be able to teach my children at home. I love being with them, and though some days I want go hide under the covers in my room, I really have enjoyed my intentional time with the kids the past 2 weeks.
  • At the end of the day I'm EXHAUSTED!!! It is so much work, but so worth it!
                                                            A little break at the park
Breakfast the first day of school...YUM!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan!

    My Cooper (7 yrs) looked at me the other day after I told him something simple like 5+5=10 and he said, "Mom, you know everything!" Yes, dear...keep thinking that. :) Happy Schooling!

    ReplyDelete