Tuesday, April 10, 2012

1/2 Marathon...I did it!!!


Well, I did it!!! I ran a half marathon! If you would have asked me 4 months ago if I would ever run a half marathon I would have said HECK NO! I realized that running would be the fastest way to get in shape so i gave it a whirl.
Clay and I went to Jacksonville last weekend and ran in the Tour de Pain. Clay ran a 10k Saturday morning and a 5k (with Mary Bodo...our awesome babysitter =) at 7pm that evening and then did a little carbo loading at Cheesecake factory. Sunday morning Clay and I woke up super early and started running. It was hard, but it could have been much worse. My sweet husband ran with me the whole way even though he could have run much faster. I told Clay at mile 11 1/2 (while running up a steep incline) that I was in hell (a little over dramatic =) and I snapped at him at mile 12 ish to stop talking to me...other than that it was pretty smooth sailing. My goal was to run it in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I wasn't sure if I could do it because that works out to being just over a 10 minute mile the whole race. We finished in just under 2 hours and 15 minutes! I'm so glad it's done, but I will definitely do another one soon.

Just before the race
We did it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe your time! Absolutely amazing(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!! I am so totally impressed as I just started "running" a couple of weeks and Woody and I are doing the Race to the taste 5K in a couple of weeks... um, let's just say we are not runners! :) You go!!

    ReplyDelete