Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Let the games begin!

So, after much prayer, thought, discussions, and more prayer we have decided to be re-licensed to be foster parents. Yes, we know we are crazy. Yes, we know we already have a full plate. Yes, we know this is GOING to be hard. We have not come to this decision lightly. Let me explain how we came to this decision.

We were licensed in 2006 for a year. Long story short, this is a huge reason we were blessed with Cooper. What a treasure and joy he is to us. We feel like, though life is crazy with 4 kids 6 and under, the time is right for us to pursue this calling. We feel called to this mission field. We plan to foster as many children that need a home (1 child at a time) for as long as the Lord calls us to foster. If a child comes available for adoption and he or she is a good fit for our family, we will adopt again. We are not diluted to think that this will be easy. I'll be honest, when we were sitting in the first licensing class last night I had a wave (more like a hot flash) realizing the HUGE life change we are about to embark on. The realization that I am adding a lot of unknowns to my life. I'm about to disturb the routine and stability of my children's lives. Is this really what I want? Is this wise? When I waiver I will choose to trust that what God has called each of us to, He will provide the strength and patience for us to do it.

The more Clay and I prayed about this and thought about this decision the more I was reminded, this life is not meant to be "easy" or "comfortable." My parents used to tell me all the time, "to much is given much is required." I have been given immeasurably more than I deserve. I feel like this is my families calling. To minister to the hurting, broken, abandoned children. I want my children to embrace this mission. They will have to share their mommy and daddy with a child that they don't even know. I want them to learn now to love the "unlovable." I want them to learn that they have been called to serve and minister, even at six, four and two years old. They can do mighty things for the kingdom by loving on the children God has placed in our home, whether for a few days, months or years.

We beg for your prayers at this time. We are prepping for a big life change. We are terrified, but hopeful. Pray for the hearts of each child that will be in our home. Our prayer is that no matter how long they are with us they will be able to look back, even in the worst moments, and know that they are loved, not only by the people in this zoo, but by their Creator....So, let the games begin!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Well, I'll definitely be praying for you! Dana

    ReplyDelete